Tiger Woods Out for the Season - Sports Betting Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tiger Woods Out for the Season

Tiger Woods is calling it quits. According to his website, Woods is saying he is undergoing reconstructive knee surgery and won't be back until the start of the 2009 PGA Tour. (Photo: ACL reconstructive surgery)

"I know much was made of my knee throughout the last week, and it was important to me that I disclose my condition publicly at an appropriate time. I wanted to be very respectful of the USGA and their incredibly hard work, and make sure the focus was on the U.S. Open," said Woods. "Now, it is clear that the right thing to do is to listen to my doctors, follow through with this surgery, and focus my attention on rehabilitating my knee."

On Monday afternoon in sunny San Diego, Woods won his 65th PGA Tour victory with a win over Rocco Mediate at the 2008 US Open. Grimacing from hole to hole, it was obvious Woods was in some amount of pain. Although a date has not yet been set for the surgery, Woods assures his fans he will be dedicated to rehabilitating his knee so that he can make a full recovery and return to the golf scene as soon as possible.

"I was determined though, to do everything and anything in my power to play in the U.S. Open at Torrey Pines, which is a course that is close to where I grew up and holds many special memories for me," Woods writes on his website. "Although I will miss the rest of the 2008 season, I'm thrilled with the fact that last week was such a special tournament."

For everyone else competing at the PGA level, the season is still very strong. Get all your PGA golf betting here.

No comments: